trying to figure out how much rain fell in pot
Joe
2007-04-20 18:21:34 UTC
I have a pot on my deck that collected about 10 inches of water

9.25" of water

the base diameter is 9" and the top diameter is 13.25" can someone
tell me what formula I can use to figure out how many inches of rain
fell in the pot. I assume if the diameter was 13.25" from top to
bottom then the amount would be 9.25" but since the diameter at the
bottom is only 9" then I assume the amount of rainfall is less.
Ken Pledger
2007-04-23 00:09:41 UTC
Post by Joe
I have a pot on my deck that collected about 10 inches of water
9.25" of water
the base diameter is 9" and the top diameter is 13.25" can someone
tell me what formula I can use to figure out how many inches of rain
fell in the pot. I assume if the diameter was 13.25" from top to
bottom then the amount would be 9.25" but since the diameter at the
bottom is only 9" then I assume the amount of rainfall is less.
Use formula (8) at <http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ConicalFrustum.html>.

Ken Pledger.